BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Attitude is Everything

Jameson's attitude has been an inspiration to everyone around him. He amazes the medical staff and his family and friends with his strength and determination. To him, this is a minor glitch on the road to bigger things. We know there could come a time when he could become discouraged. The adults involved - his father, my husband, brother and I are in agreement; We aren't going to go into too much detail with Jameson about his prognosis. For now, we feel it's important to keep his outlook positive. If he becomes resentful, angry or bitter, it might prohibit a full recovery.

Aside from the initial fear Jameson showed, he has never been anything but compliant, courageous and brave.



As Jameson makes progress towards recovery, he continues to be a normal kid, interested in normal things. The day he started getting feeling back in his feet, I called him. "How are you today, buddy?" I asked, optimistically. My heart stopped when he said, "Not so good mom.... "

All my worst fears were revisited, as I braced myself the news. I was stunned and relieved to hear, "The Cardinals traded Ryan Ludwick! How could they do that? I can't believe blah blah blah.... oh and, I can move my right foot now."

Jameson sees these accomplishments as trivial behind something as colossal as the trading of a beloved sports figure. We see it as monumental, and shed tears over a twitching toe...






0 comments: