BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday, August 10th

I've elected to go to the hospital every other day, and Kevin agrees to go there on the days that I don't. This will not only cut down on my fuel expense substantially, but it will give me a chance to spend some time with Griffin and Darren. I'm spread awfully think these days, between the hustle and bustle of back-to-school events, and a trip Doug and I have planned for the end of the month. Obviously my first priority these days is Jameson, and getting him well, but I don't want anyone else to feel neglected or forgotten.

Kevin spoke with Dr. Connolly and found out why she opposed the plasma replacement therapy. She said she's performed many of them and has seen several children "code" during the process. The procedure is a risky one. 30% of the patient's blood is take from the body prior to the "new blood" being entered into the system. After hearing this, I was in complete agreement that we skip this approach unless all other options are exhausted.

Today, I dropped Doug off at the airport and took Evan and Darren to see Jameson. He looks and sounds fantastic. His attitude remains upbeat and inspirational. If I ever thought about letting this situation bring me down, all I have to do is see the sparkle in Jameson's eye or hear the excitement in his voice. He takes pleasure in the simple things - like a TV that swings around the bed and food made to order and delivered whenever he wants it.

Physical therapy is working him hard and the doctor says he's making tremendous improvement. Jameson got to go to one of the gyms at the hospital and shoot hoops. He was thrilled.

Although Jameson still isn't able to stand on his own, his strength improves. There is talk that he could come home soon. I'd be lying if I said this doesn't scare me to death. Right now, he receives 'round the clock care, and has people to assist him every step of the way. When he comes home, this all falls on me - or his dad, wherever Jameson happens to be. Currently, the boys go back and forth between houses because of our joint custody arrangement. This will be a challenge once Jameson comes home. I'm up for the challenge, but I'm the first to admit, caring for my son will become a full time job and life won't be the same in doing so. But when faced with the alternative... I'll do whatever I have to do. I love him so very much.

Tonight, my faith in humanity was restored, as two of Jameson's friends came to the door. They said they wanted to visit him, and wanted me to write down the information they would need. I wrote down the phone number to the hospital room, and the address of the hospital. I hope they're able to visit him. I think it would do him a world of good to see he has friends who truly do care about him. I know it did for me.

0 comments: