BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meet Jameson

This is the story about my second born son, Jameson Christian Michael McCurdy. When Jameson was 11 years old, he was diagnosed with a rare neurological condition, called Transverse Myelitis. In this blog, I'll journal Jameson's journey through this frightening illness.

My name is Linda, and Jameson's father is named Kevin. We are now divorced, and I'm remarried to Doug. Kevin and I have three sons together and Doug and I have another son.

Jameson was conceived on December 28, 1997. My pregnancy with him was relatively normal, and the least eventful of the five I've had. Jameson was named shortly after conception. I knew all along he was a boy, so I didn't bother to have a girl name ready! The middle name "Christian" was chosen to honor of friend of Jameson's father. "Michael" is my dad's name. We hadn't planned on giving him two middle names, but we weren't willing to give up either name. Jameson is a name I had heard many years ago, and loved. So it was: Jameson Christian Michael.

On September 9, 1998, I went to see Dr. Williams, my obstetrician, for my 38 week pre-natal check up. Jameson wasn't due for nine more days, and the doctor felt confident after an exam, that I wouldn't be going into labor anytime soon. Four hours later, I had my first contraction.

I called Kevin and told him to come home. I then called my friend Sarah to come and stay with our two and a half year old, Evan. Because of a local school bus driver strike, the traffic to the hospital was unimaginable. We finally arrived - an hour and half after leaving home.

Jameson came very quickly. The attending nurse broke my water, and baby came right out. He was absolutely beautiful. He was dark complected, tiny and had a headful of dark hair. He cried loudly. I fell head over heels in love him.




Jameson Christian Michael, born September 9, 1998 - 7:06pm - 6 pounds, 7 ounces - 20 1/4 inches long





0 comments: